Facebook's marketplace is an interesting market for sharing sales ads, regardless of the type of product. Indeed, since its inception in 2017, it has never ceased to develop and grow. In theory, Facebook's Marketplace works like any other platform, only classifieds need to follow specific business rules. You want to sell your products on Facebook, here are the steps to follow.
First step: creating your Facebook online store
To be able to sell products on a social network, you would need to have a Facebook page for your business. Then you will connect this page to your e-commerce platform or manually upload your products to your page. Finally, to market your products, you will be able to use advertisements, contests, and advertising messages.
Note that a personal account does not allow you to create a Facebook store. Indeed, the « Facebook store » function is not available on the latter and you must therefore create a page that is specially dedicated to your business. It is from this that you will build your online store and be able to sell your products, through Facebook.
Step two: evaluate your put options
On its sales platform, Facebook offers a complete shopping experience. To be able to benefit from it, there are two options:
- To upload your products to Facebook:
You can manually enter your products directly and for free in your Facebook store. To do this, you just need to follow the instructions in the Facebook user guide. There you will find all the steps to follow, from creating your page to how to connect payment providers.
- To sell your products through an e-commerce platform:
If you already have an e-commerce site, just connect your Facebook store to your e-commerce platform (Shopify, Ecwid, BigCommerce, etc.). This process is faster and more secure to list and sell your products on Facebook. Also, these platforms offer a complete suite of product listings and automated order management tools. This allows you to better organize the marketing of your products.
Third step: creating products and links to your online store
E-commerce platforms make it easy to capture product information and images. Plus, they help you set up payment methods, shipping costs, and all your business information. However, since the process is different for each supplier, you should always prepare a product list and information about your store.
To create your product listings you will need the following:
- Detailed descriptions: describe your products down to the smallest detail. This will allow them to be sold easily.
- Images of your products: Take good images so that your customers and prospects can see what you have to offer them.
- The product number or inventory management unit (SKU) numbers: these numbers will allow you to track products in your online store.
- Information on the weight and size of the product: this information must be included in the description of your product. They are essential if you want to make accurate shipping labels.
Also, for your customers to easily find and recognize you, you need to provide some information about your store. To do this, you can create one or more pages to display the following information:
- Contact information for your store: provide your exact address and your company's customer service hours.
- Shipping rates and policies: Set shipping costs so your customers know what you charge for shipping.
- Information about your company: this is an opportunity to tell your story, to highlight your brand image and all the strengths of your company.
When you have finished these steps and your "Store" section appears, Facebook will check if all the information about your new store and its content conforms to its guidelines. These mainly relate to images, descriptions, and all information for each product. This step can take 24 to 48 hours, but when it's done, you can start selling your products. After that, it's time to explore other advertising possibilities to give your company maximum exposure for a relatively low investment.